5/29/10

Pink Saturday Numbers, Faces and Birthday Cake

I've been Collectin Pink Saturday Posts since September 12, 2009.
This Pink Saturday Post will be my 28th. 
Now, I'm sure you are wondering what that's got to do with Pink Saturday's Second Birthday.
Well, it's all about the Numbers, Faces and Cake!
Let's talk Faces First.  Have you ever wondered about the Face Behind Pink Saturday?


Back in September 2009 this pretty face was on Pink Saturdays Sidebar.  I just assumed it was our Beloved Hostess. 
 A month or so of Pink Saturdays went by and I visited Backyard Neighbor and there was our Hostess Beverly's picture. 
 Now, I might have been born at night, but it wasn't last night, so I figured out real quick that Beverly had TWO Blogs. 
 Have I told ya'll about the Ocean Front Property I bought off George Strait? 
Good Grief, Sue, these folks are gonna think you were born last night and are blonde to boot! (no offense to blondes...a good friend pictured later in this post is blonde)


Finally, I figured out that Jeanne was not Beverly and that Beverly didn't have TwoBlogs, but Jeanne was Beverly's lifelong friend and not Beverly at all, but Jeanne of Backyard Neighbor and the second name on everyone of Pink Saturdays List of Participants...Beverly is always First...naturally.
Well, I said to myself, If Jeanne is not Beverly, then I wonder who Beverly is.

That's when I commissioned this cowboy artist to do Beverly's portrait.  I told him all about Pink Saturday, how it got started and what a neat gal Beverly was.

He was like, 'No problem, Sue, I've got a good idea of how she'd look.

He's not quite finished.  What do Ya'll think?


I wasn't so sure about Beverly's portrait by the Cowboy, so I asked Paris what she thought, and she was like, OMGosh, Sue, I love Pink Saturday.  I never miss posting,  reading and commenting on every single Pinkies post. 

Really, I said.  You are a Pinkie, Paris? 
Absolutely, but I don't use my real name. 
Noooooo! I said. 
Then she said... I use a fake name, but I can't tell you who it is because I don't remember until I sit down and my PC says 'Dingy'.

Sue, I love Pink Saturday so much I'm going to put Beverly's picture on my new CD to be released on Pink Saturdays Second Birthday.

Wow, Paris, she'll be really surprised.  Do you think that's a good likeness of Beverly?

Ya'll all know that Pink Saturday was Featured in Artful Blogging, but they didn't use Beverly's picture on the cover.  Even so, the article was amazing, and the pictures were fantastic.  I hear that VOGUE  is interested in Pink Saturday and plans to feature Beverly's picture on the cover.

 There's also a good chance for Ya'll to see Beverly's picture posted on every brick building and billboard in the world.    Pink Saturday has a whoppin' 273 Participants for the Second Birthday Bash! 
I had a really hard time picking out just the right Birthday Present for Pink Saturday and Beverly.
I know one thing she likes and does every Friday, so I hope she keeps track of how much time she spends putting this one together.


Happy Birthday Pink Saturday!
Now about 'The Numbers'...It's late, but I figured that Beverly has posted approximately 96 Pink Saturdays in Two years.  That's alot of Pink Stuff around your house, Beverly.

PS...It's really late, and Sue Paris says she definately needs to get her beauty rest so she can get up early and start on the 273 Pinkies List.  That is if she can find the ON button that goes Dingy.

53 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Pink birthday. You have a super imagination, hilarious post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun story to read about Beverly and Jean. I agree with Linda - you have a fabulous imagination. I remember when we had our first post about Pink Saturday. Fun stuff.

    Happy Pink Saturday and I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day down in the great state of Texas.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY 2ND PINK SATURDAY BIRTHDAY,
    WHAT AN AWESOME, CREATIVE POST. YOU DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB AND I AM QUITE SURE BEVERLY AND JEANNE WILL CHERISH IT.
    I REALLY ENJOYED IT.
    HUGS AND BLESSINGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy PS! Great post!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny Sue, too funny:)

    I'm off to visit the rest of the gals, or at least try too.

    Enjoy!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that site. It's fun to mess around with your own photos! Happy Pink, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/29/2010

    Enjoy your Pink Saturday Texas Holiday weekend!

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post! Happy Pink Saturday. Hope you have a great weekend. Stop by anytime:-) Winona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you've managed to totally confuse me! Happy PS Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday! Cute post..

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of the cutest posts I've ever seen, sugar. LOL LOL Darling.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So funny!I was on the first paragraph, thinking "No way...".And, I'm not even blonde...I need so much help.LoL
    Will the real Beverly PLEASE stand up???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I really enjoyed this fun post! Have a Happy Pink Saturday and a great holiday weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adore your banner!
    Loved the pictures AND the story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there you pretty Texas Gal. You do have me laughing and entertained. I'm so glad you figured the mystery out. Beverly is in her 50's and I am lots older. Beverly doesn't show photos of her family or herself. I will tell you her hair is a beautiful gray white like Claudie's. If my hair was gray like that I let it go gray. However, it's not and my dh says no gray allowed. I wonder what he will say when I'm eighty??? HA! Thank you for the shout out.

    I love the Paris/Dingy story. Your post is very creative. Love the puzzle. One Beverly can't do in 30 seconds. LOL!

    Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend Sue.

    Love ya, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a hoot! Love "Beverly's" face on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5/29/2010

    Oh, Sue! You're my kind o gal! Fun cute post! Love your imagination! Hey, we should get together! :)
    Be a sweetie and Happy Pink Saturday!
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Pink Saturday to the most clever blogger out there. I love how you come up with stuff. Love the pics of Jeanne. So cute. And all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue, I knew you'd have something fun for the celebration. Love the creativity of this one! And yes, I'll treat you to a cupcake next time you are in the area. :-)
    Happy Pink Saturday! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had to come and see how you portrayed Beverly Sue. When I saw sweet Jeanne's face my heart grew bigger. You might not know this, but I was honoured to have stayed with Jeanne and Bill and little CC, for 2 days while on my birthday blogging adventure. I did get to talk to Beverly on the phone from Jeanne's cabin though. Never seen a pic of her yet : )
    Loved your post. Very creative and fun.
    Happy happy PINK SATURDAY Sue.
    Love Claudie
    xoxoo
    P.S. I'm the one Jeanne referred to with the "grey hair" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous, funny and wonderful post, Sue. Our mysterious Beverly....maybe we need to start a petition to see what she looks like!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous5/29/2010

    Whoa! You can really spin a yarn ;) Happy Pink Saturday to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a complete delight this post is. I love it all and now I finally know what Ms. Beverly looks like. Happy Pink Saturday sweetie, Char

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your posts are so fun to read. What a wonderful Birthday post.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Clever,clever,clever....I am still smiling!
    Happy Pink Saturday...Jil

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fun Pink Saturday post. I also have been wondering what Beverly looked like. LOl
    Happy pink Saturday birthday

    ReplyDelete
  27. You just blew me off my chair and I had to pick my chin off my keyboard. I love creative people and you out did yourself for this special occasional. You have some kind of creative mind and talent too. I am left shaking my head... WOW.

    Happy Pink Celebration Saturday and coming Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, these are completely amazing Pinks! Just amazing!

    And thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. And nope, I didn't have a baby, but my sis-in-law did so I'm a new Auntie!

    Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute post!!!! I haven't played Pinkie in a few weeks but, miss it. LIFE JUST GETS IN THE WAY sometimes. Just wanted to say hello to another Texas Blogger. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous5/29/2010

    Girl, you are a hoot and a half! Fabulous Pink Saturday Birthday post!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Pink Saturday, sweet Sue. You and I have been pinking together going on one year. Thank you for everything you do to make Pink Saturday special, and thank you for your friendship.

    Girl, you have me holding my sides laughing. You are a pink treasure, and you always make me smile - and giggle, too. You are a true pink queen.

    Jeanne is correct. I do have white hair. I got tired of color, and decided to go natural.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Too funny! Great Post! Hope you are having a wonderful Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sue you always make me smile! I love coming over here. Beverly and Jeanne are two of the neatest ladies in blogland! I love visiting them and I love stopping here to see your sweet pinks.

    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my girl, you have waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands. LOL This was the best and most ingenius post ever. I mean evah!

    ReplyDelete
  35. yahoo! now I can post and leave a comment telling you how much fun this post was!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome post, I'm a blonde by the way but you didn't hurt my feelings. Love your blog.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hahah cute cute story! Happy Pink Saturday doll, I always enjoy visiting you! Hugs Grace

    ReplyDelete
  38. You are just too cute and funny!
    It would be nice to see what Beverly looks like, but we may never know. I didn't get to see the article but I'm sure it was wonderful.

    Great birthday post for PS

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh!! You are too funny! I love Jeanne and you had me all confused. I would love to see Beverly's sweet face. I just know she's a beauty!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is the most amazing idea and post I have ever seen on Pink Saturday. Your creative mind was in high gear. Love it, love it and I am sure Beverly will get a big kick out of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi there Sue, you had me going for a minute, lol..love the story! Have a wonderful Texas weekend..thanks for stopping by, I always treasure the visits!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  42. Really sweet. Jeanne would be delighted.
    Such beautiful celebration and post!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a fantastically wonderful post!!

    Perfect for Pink Saturday!!

    HPS!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  44. One of the best posts I have ever seen!!! Playing with Big Huge Labs?

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  45. Haha! I enjoyed reading that alot! HPS! sorry im a day late!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Happy Pink Saturday! I love your pictures. They're great!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous5/30/2010

    Happy Pink Saturday on Sunday!! I love your pics. Hope to see you at my blog sometime!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  48. This post was so much fun! I agree with everyone, your imagination is a riot and I love all the pics!! Happy pink week and have a safe and fun Memorial day!

    ReplyDelete
  49. wait.

    what is Pink Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a very very witty post, I love it. This was inspired!

    Wishing you a very belated Happy Pink Saturday - sorry to be this late, my computer crashed and I've only just got back online.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Happy (Belated) Pink Saturday! This is a fabulous post! I so enjoyed reading it.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a great blog...and super pictures...A few hours of Sunday blog hopping. Hope you will stop by for a visit...I am giving away gifts on both of my blogs this week, all week....
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/
    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  53. My mind is spinning after reading this post! Now I'm wondering what Beverly really looks like.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.