5/6/10

Thank-You Mother For Everything

Thelma Irene Klemish Pittman ~ Wedding ~ January 6, 1946 ~ age 18 ~ Majestic Art Studio, Amarillo, Texas

Thelma Irene Klemish came to Texas from Iowa in the mid 1940's. 
Now what's a Iowa FarmGal doing coming to Texas?

Here's how her Texas Story begins....

Love At First Sight...It Happened In Texas

Thelma Klemish Weds Texas Man

That was big news in Mama's hometown of Brayton, Iowa.
You see, Iowa FarmGals didn't just up and go to Texas.
But that's what she and her best friend Phyllis did after graduating from High School. 

My Mama is a Saver of Cards, Letters and Photos. 
Over the years she has saved Mothers Day Cards from her children.

This beautiful card from my Sister Connie was and still is perfect for our beautiful Mother.




7 comments:

  1. What sweet memories ... TY for sharing.

    Have a great weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, and lovely Mother. I love all the memories you are posting. So heartfelt. Have a great Mother's day. blessings, Carol mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet post! My Texan Mom married an Iowa boy! How funny is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the mothers. They are such sparkly stars, aren't they? Your mama did a fine job raising you, Sue. YOU are a super duper star! I'm reading The Pace of a Hen and I like books that celebrate mamas. I hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your header today! What a beautiful picture of your mother, Sue! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...wow...I'm loving reading all this information on your family history...you are so lucky to have these photos and to have all this knowledge about your ancestors...by the way if you don't mind me asking....do you have Southern European ancestry as well? Beautiful family!!!Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetheart momma you have and how very blessed you are to still have her with you. Hugs my friend, Mollye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.