4/10/12

The Legend of Ichabod

A to Z Family Tree...Letter I
Who does that...names their children Ichabod!
My 4xGreat Grandparents John and Lucy Eunice Marshall Pittman...that's who!
Their son Ichabod Byrd Pittman was born in 1780 in Richmond, Georgia.
Forty years before Ichabod became a household name in

The Legendary Ichabod's in The Pittman Family Tree began with
John Ichabod Pittman, Senior
to
John Ichabod Pittman, Junior
to
Ichabod Byrd Pittman 
Family archives state John the first's 'I' initial could have been for Isaac.
Obviously according to the 'Family Tree',  his descendents liked Ichabod and passed the
 Legendary Moniker down through three generations.

The Legend of Father and Son - John Ichabod Pittman
 American Revolutionary Soliders

Ichabod Byrd Pittman, last of the Icahabod's, died at the young age of 47 years.
His wife, Frances Jackson Stone Pittman, in all likely hood put a stop the 'I' name in the Pittman Family Tree.  Their children were named:
Thomas Augustus...Rene Marion...Selina Ann and Joseph Marshall

To View All AtoZ Posts....click on Apple.

PARTICIPANTS LIST

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, Your Ichabod post starts off similar to my "H is for Hiram" post. Great minds think alike?? Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm off to catch up on your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have an actual Ichabod in your family tree! I love a rare name. And Selina, what a pretty name!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some strange names in every family tree - I narrowly escaped Euphemia - seriously!
    I'm glad Ichabod hasn't been used recently!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.