8/10/17

MixMaster Fiber Artist

Since declaring myself a Fabric and Fiber Artist with the establishment of Sue's Fiber&Fabric Studio, I have zoomed in on the creativity and diversity of fiber.  Textile Fiber to be specific.

It's good to confirm my thoughts on Textile Fiber that match the official definition which states, 'textile fiber can be spun into a yarn or made into a fabric by various methods including weaving, knitting, braiding, felting, and twisting.

Yay....I'm all in on everyone of those methods.  

The essential requirements for fibers to be spun into yarn include a length of at least 5 millimeters, flexibility, cohesiveness and sufficient strength.  Other important properties include elasticity, fineness, uniformity, durability, and luster.  Textile Learner.

At one time, my collection of Fibers...excluding Fabric...was stashed here and there with not much organization.  Now that I am a bit more savy about yarn and it's characteristics of weight, ply, natural, manmade, etc. etc. yada yada, I am more organized...probably over organized.  At any rate, for all my knowledge about yarn and what one SHOULD use for socks, sweaters, shawls and so on, I invariable break all the rules of 'Master Yarny's'.  I am a 'MixMaster'! 
 
Concho Confetti Jewelry
The results of MixMastering of Fabrics&Fibers.
 
Still suffering from SSS...Second Sock Syndrome...Cannot make two of a kind!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of mixed fiber socks. Fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.