9/22/17

Finally Finished For Fall 2017


Adding the date to photos taken for this blog was kind of automatic as I had always done so with paintings, pottery and other art forms over the years.  I guess it was a good thing.  It gives a sense of timeline to posts, and serves to jog my memory...sometimes not such a good thing.  Such is the case of the granny squares pictured above.  Was it really three years ago that I had a great need to make granny squares...again.  The first ones I made was really Back In The Day...like 1970-ish. 
 
Anyway, a few weeks ago I was cleaning shelves...the dust bunnies had petrified...and I unearthed a basket of UFO's.  There was the forgotten Granny Square Bag in a state of 'So Near Finished' I couldn't figure out how it ended up in the Unfinished Objects basket.  Then I realized it needed straps!  Good Grief, Sue!  How hard was that going to be... you did the hard part...making all those squares, putting them together and EVEN hand stitching in the lining.  Just 'Get Er Done'.
 
One problem!  I used the yarn in another project sometime between Fall 2014 and Fall 2017.
I'm going with...'I meant to have  Cord Straps with Tassels all along".
Whoever buys it will never know and I'll never tell.
Welcome Fall 2017.

6 comments:

  1. Why not? It's true - they will never know. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it turns out...I like the cord and tassel straps better than what I would have crocheted to match the bag. Delay...a time for coming up with a better solution.

      Delete
  2. Cute! Isn't it amazing how quick some of our finishes can be after we procrastinated for so long? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and how procrastinating often gives you a chance to come up with a better solution.

      Delete
  3. Good grief, Sue. That made me smile. I think in your future heart, you knew you'd have a cool solution when they were unearthed. I think you are ready for all fall festivals. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny!! I talk to myself like that a lot. When my Mother did that, I use to think she was nuts. The acorn doesn't fall far from the proverbial tree!

      Delete

Thanks for your visit & comment. I'd love to return the visit...please leave your LINK or click on over and comment on Where Bluebonnets Grow.